The pawnbroking industry has been in operation for centuries, but the concept still causes quite a lot of confusion. As a member of the National Pawnbrokers Association, Mays guarantees a fast, confidential and professional service, offering instant loans between £10 and £50,000.
So why not call into your local store today for a chat with a friendly member of our team. Alternatively, you can make an enquiry through our website.
IT COULDN’T BE QUICKER OR EASIER
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept of pawnbroking, here’s a breakdown of how we do things:
- You bring your jewellery into one of our stores, along with proof of name and address
- Tell us how much you would like to borrow.
- We will assess the value of your jewellery and calculate how much money we can lend you.
- Once a loan offer is made, you will be completely informed of the costs of the loan.
- Once you sign your credit agreement, you will receive the cash.
- We will store your valuables securely until you return to repay the loan.
- Our loans are for a 7-month period.
- You can reclaim your jewellery at any time by returning your pledge agreement and repaying your loan.
At Mays, we always endeavour to lend you the amount that you are expecting to borrow against your item and because of the knowledge and skill of our experienced valuers, we will be able to offer the full value.
Our interest rates are also very competitive. If you’re unable to drop into your local store, we’re more than happy to give you an estimated loan valuation via email.
COLLECTING YOUR JEWELLERY
You can reclaim your jewellery at any time by returning your pledge agreement and settling your balance in full (including any interest accrued). You can also renew your loan by bringing your interest payments up to date.
IF YOU NEED TO EXTEND YOUR LOAN
We endeavour to be as flexible as possible, so if you cannot redeem the full amount owed by the end of your seven-month term, we can come to an agreement whereby you can repay the interest only, and we will then renew the loan.
You’ll receive a new contract, giving you another seven months to settle your loan. We’ll set out terms that make it absolutely clear how much you owe in total, and there’s also an option for you to pay a lump sum in order to clear some of your original loan.